We’re almost at the end of our 7-part series for insurers about ECM
In this blog series, we’re looking at how enterprise content management brings modern technology to the insurance industry to streamline:
- Content capture
- Business process management (BPM) or workflow engine
- Case management
- Content management
- Integration with existing systems
- Enterprise file sync and share (EFSS)
- Mobile access
Part 6: Enterprise File Sync and Share (EFSS): Alphabet Soup Again
It’s alphabet soup time again as we talk about enterprise file sync and share (EFSS) – but hang in there, you’ll be happy you did.
Enterprise file synchronization and sharing is one of those options insurers need so they can securely share documents, photos, videos and files from multiple devices with agents, partners, vendors, customers, and other approved users. We’re finding that sharing documents and files via email or web portals just isn’t secure or robust enough for the sensitive information and various, sizable files insurers need to share.
The critical words here are securely and multiple devices.
- EFSS offers secure document sharing for approved users. It lessens
the risk of content falling into unsanctioned, consumer-grade,
cloud-based sharing tools. It delivers a safe and secure way to share the confidential information housed in your core ECM solution. EFSS promotes consistency across systems for internal and external auditing, with security and sharing controls.
Administrators apply rules and policies that govern how users share
different types of data and files. EFSS offers multiple storage areas
with unique encryption keys for each area to guarantee full-proof security.
This safeguarding of information also extends to the shared files themselves, including controlling policies to expire, out-of-date items to expire and what to do with unopened links – all ways to prevent external parties from viewing, downloading or copying information.
- Companies that are serious about improving overall customer experiences are moving to digital processes and multi-device integrations. They recognize the value of safe and easy-to-use contact creation tools that offer document sharing with outside parties on all types of devices. Mobile-friendly document sharing with identified stakeholders is essential and integral to any insurer’s business plan. At the same time, it also supports remote workers with the most up-to-date versions of policy templates and/or other corporate content.
EFSS gives managers the ability to set governance priorities, including security, when employees, agents, partners, and customers use mobile devices to sync or create content.
Best-in-class EFSS solutions give users the ability to access and edit files on-the-go, supporting laptops, smartphones, and tablets. Synchronized on a back-end server, files are automatically updated across all devices. EFSS services include features such as live commenting, document version tracking, and workflow process management to help users store, edit, review and share files.
EFSS Integration with ECM
By integrating secure file-sharing capabilities within your ECM solution, you can:
- Securely share corporate information housed in your core ECM solution
- Extend the potential of workflows and processes that are already in place, adding secure file-sharing capabilities
- Improve the ability to implement and enforce information governance policies across connected systems
Integrating your EFSS solution with your ECM platform can help prevent the use of unsanctioned sharing tools while still leveraging existing workflows and helping your organization maintain governance and control.
Enterprise file sync and share provides more than collaborative document sharing – it is an essential piece of your content management strategy that maximizes the value of your existing information repositories.
Our finale in this 7-part series will put the spotlight on mobility and processes that optimize mobile devices.
How’s your alphabet soup?
If you’re looking for help through the maze of acronyms and alphabet soup, know that ImageSoft can spell it all out for you. We guide enterprises through the selection of technology solutions for insurers that deliver the efficiencies and cost savings you need. Our industry-leading solutions for insurance offer automated workflows, improved speed and efficiency, reduced costs, security and proper compliance. ImageSoft is ready to help your company reap the benefits from enterprise content management.
Follow ImageSoft’s Insurance Solutions LinkedIn Showcase page for more details about ECM.