A Message from Toni Smith, Senior Manager for Insurance
We had a fantastic time at Velocity last month, our annual user conference, with more than 100 participants. Our insurance sessions focused on the best ways to use technology to streamline the entire insurance lifecycle.
- We looked at content technology solutions that complement modern or legacy core technologies to streamline communication and compliance, and deliver process efficiency for new business, underwriting, maintenance, claims and customer service.
- We heard about ways to automate and manage effective, personal and compliant customer communications across multiple channels – a must for insurers.
If you’d like to attend next year’s Velocity, contact us today.
We were eager to read Graham Proud’s recent article in InsuranceThoughtLeadership.com titled How Insurers are Innovating Right Now. He claims that “[c]onnected insurance is the biggest potential for transformation that insurance has witnessed since the invention of the computer.” And he’s right.
Insurers find themselves in the make-or-break position to innovate or die. Decreasing profit margins, increasing customer expectations for an “Amazon-like” experience and greater competition all feed into the push to modernize and streamline operations.
The article reports results from a recent survey of insurance executives. The survey indicates that 50% of surveyed executives believe that CEOs and heads of strategy must take the lead in connected product development. Moreover, 54% said that leveraging the expertise of external technology partners has been of greater value than relying solely on in-house talent.
What are your thoughts on innovations among insurance carriers? Share your thoughts here!
7 Reasons Why ECM Is the Answer for Insurers Part 1: Capture
The insurance industry is facing rapid-fire changes:
- Technology, Robotic Process Automation, insuretechs and chat bots are changing how insurers do business.
- Legacy systems from 20 years ago or more cannot match up with today’s customer and employee expectations.
- Security issues in legacy systems make insurers vulnerable to attacks.
- Compliance issues abound.
ECM is the answer. Read our Part 1 blog about how ECM improves and streamlines the content capture of inbound documents and data, reducing the time between receive and process.
Follow the #InsurTech Road – Exploring Insurance Technology Solutions with Jeff Hiegert
As the pace of business in the insurance industry continues to grow, agencies are increasingly looking to technology to help them better manage their daily operations and grow their businesses. Jeff Hiegert, senior customer advisor for insurance at Hyland, is taking us through the many different ways technology solutions are improving every facet of today’s modern insurer.
Be sure to subscribe to ImageSoft’s Paperless Productivity Podcast.
What Can We Do for You?
ImageSoft guides insurers through the selection of enterprise content management to achieve the efficiencies and cost savings you need. Our industry-leading solutions for insurance offer automated workflows, improved speed and efficiency, reduced costs and proper compliance. ImageSoft is ready to help your company reap the benefits from integrated enterprise content management.